Hotel Manager Resume
This is a free Hotel Manager Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Hotel Manager Job.
Hotel Manager Job Description
- A hotel manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of a hotel and its staff and has commercial accountability for planning, organizing and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, and reservations), food and beverage operations and housekeeping.
- In larger hotels, managers often have a specific remit (guest services, accounting, and marketing) and make up a general management team.
- While taking a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximize profits, the manager must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests’ needs and expectations.
Sample Hotel Manager Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Hotel Manager
My objective is to obtain a position as a sous chef of manager in a casual upscale to upscale restaurant or hotel/resort.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Hotel Manager can add his/her career achievements like,
- Recognized by RTDC hotel management in 2005 awarded most improved Manager.
- Worked with International team on development of exports/imports of jems & jewellary for JAS 2003
- Received numerous letters of recommendation, and appreciation from customers, and management.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Hotel Manager applying for a job would look like,
The Springs Club, Chandigarh 2005- Present
- Selected by this premier private club with over 500 members to supervise activities of two dining rooms and a full-service lounge, while overseeing catering activities for parties of up to 400 guests. Managed staff members, oversaw inventory control, ordered supplies and communicated with members.
- Identified need for wine inventory control and wine list development, showcasing restaurant wines and boosting sales volume.
Palm Pride Restaurant, Chandigarh 2003 – 2005
- Challenged by this high-end Italian restaurant to oversee day-to-day operations, including wine service, inventory control, staff scheduling and nightly floor supervision.
- Fostered strong customer base, building loyal clients that repeatedly visited restaurant due to stellar service and personal interaction.
- Created low-cost reservation system that eliminated answering machine and ensured person-to- person communication for reservation operations.
Royal Mewar Resort Hotel, Jaipur 2001 – 2003
- Promoted through positions of increasing responsibility within this resort establishment with over 78 rooms to manage various hotel staff members, from room service personnel to front-desk clerks.
- Spearheaded instruction for staff sales training activities, increasing employee “up sell” capacity, which amplified resort revenue.
Food and Beverage Director
Taj Jaipur Hotel, Jaipur 2000 – 2001
- Provided essential leadership by overseeing staffing and employee training for two dining rooms and a large banquet facility within this 20-acre hotel
- Utilized management talent to create warm, member-focused environment, which increased revenue and enhanced member satisfaction.
Education and Certification:
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Hotel Manager who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- Graduate in Marketing Management
- 2 year certified course in Hospitality Management
King Collage of Hospitality Mnagement,Pune,2001
Serve Safe Management Training
Food and Safety Training
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Hotel Manager could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or
- Certificate of excellence by RTDC in JAS 2003
- Best performing personnel award for 3 years at TAJ Jaipur
- Special call to speech on hotel management by Punjab Kesry in management conference
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Hotel Manager could also look like,
Sana Tours & Travels
Salary Range of a Hotel Manager
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 30000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 3.25 Lakhs to 3.50 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $45,000 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.